Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Now what.....?

So, I'm not going back to school next semester. No, I'm not giving up. I've gone too far, spent too much time and money, come so close, and have so little to go yet to graduate, so I'm not even thinking about giving up. I only have 17 credits left yet to be able to graduate. My graduation is just going to be postponed for a year. At this point it looks like I will be going to work full time in the emergency department. Once that schedule is figured out, I'll probably also look into working per Diem somewhere else too, but I'm not sure yet how that will all work out.

For the first time since the year I was 16 years old, I did not get a deer during the rifle season this fall. So the next plan of action is to try going out during flintlock muzzle loader season. I found the best deal on a muzzle loader that was available locally, and will be trying a little bit of "smoke-pole" hunting. It's sort of amazing in its own way to think that years ago people would hunt bear and other dangerous game with guns like this. You only get one shot, and you have no guarantee that the gun will actually go off when you pull the trigger. It's really primitive, but sort of cool in its own way. Here in PA, the late muzzle loader season is for flintlock style muzzle loaders only, and you are not allowed to use anything but opens sights. No scopes, laser red dots, or anything else like that. For me, that narrows the shooting range down to only about 50 yards. The season starts the day after Christmas, and lasts until January 10. I'm looking forward to it.

Speaking of which, it's Christmas week!!! Duh, not like I had to tell you....
Have jolly one, enjoy the few tunes I added to the beginning of the playlist, and take some time out to think seriously about the whole reason for the celebration. All partying, joking, and good times aside, the whole reason for Christmas is pretty significant to your existence.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I could never have taken a break and then gone back. It took too much grit and determination. If I had let up on iota, I'd have been a goner.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 12:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home