A lil' history
I'm not much of a history student, unlike my mom, who spends almost every waking hour scouring every conceivble resource for geneaology and stuff like that. I like to hear someone else read or tell stories if they are interesting, or seeing movies that tell about history, but I'm just not much for reading about it. And geneaology to me is mostly boring. Actually, I just don't like reading much at all, because I'm so slow at it, so that's one of my biggest problems in college. I don't have patience. Patients yes; patience no.
Also, I'll admit that I like some newer styles of music, more than some old ones, simply because the old songs have been repeated over and over for ages. But I guess it makes a difference when you know the story behind a song.
A while back my aunt & uncle posted something on their blog of historical significance. They talked about the story of Philip P. Bliss. Yesterday, I heard a re-run of a story about another gentleman by the name of Horatio Spafford. Not sure who would name their baby Horatio, but that was a different era. Philip Bliss and Horatio Spafford knew each other, and I would write all about it, but that would take too long. Besides, if you are anything like me, you would rather hear it told instead of reading about it. So here's a link to a radio drama version the story, which is better than me trying to write about it anyway. Here's the link. Just click on the episode titled "It is Well" when the window opens.
I heard this story on the radio yesterday, and it reminded me of my uncle's blog post, and a few of the songs that I posted on my music player that have to do with 9/11, and the Titanic. Maybe I'll post Mr. Spafford's song in with those others. You should be able to hear the story if you have high speed internet, but I'm not sure how long that episode will be accessible, because that website is constantly changing. Anyway, enjoy!
Also, I'll admit that I like some newer styles of music, more than some old ones, simply because the old songs have been repeated over and over for ages. But I guess it makes a difference when you know the story behind a song.
A while back my aunt & uncle posted something on their blog of historical significance. They talked about the story of Philip P. Bliss. Yesterday, I heard a re-run of a story about another gentleman by the name of Horatio Spafford. Not sure who would name their baby Horatio, but that was a different era. Philip Bliss and Horatio Spafford knew each other, and I would write all about it, but that would take too long. Besides, if you are anything like me, you would rather hear it told instead of reading about it. So here's a link to a radio drama version the story, which is better than me trying to write about it anyway. Here's the link. Just click on the episode titled "It is Well" when the window opens.
I heard this story on the radio yesterday, and it reminded me of my uncle's blog post, and a few of the songs that I posted on my music player that have to do with 9/11, and the Titanic. Maybe I'll post Mr. Spafford's song in with those others. You should be able to hear the story if you have high speed internet, but I'm not sure how long that episode will be accessible, because that website is constantly changing. Anyway, enjoy!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home