What are these?
Check out Genesis 6:4 (NIV). "The Nephilim were on the earth in those days-and also afterward-when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown." Have you ever heard of Nephilim before? Also, what does it mean by "the sons of God" and "the daughters of men" having children? Nephilim are also talked about in Numbers 13:33.
Here's another one, Leviathan. It is found in Job 3:8 & 41:1, Psalms 74:14 & 104:26, and Isaiah 27:1. What is Leviathan? I haven't heard much talk about either of these two.
Here's another one, Leviathan. It is found in Job 3:8 & 41:1, Psalms 74:14 & 104:26, and Isaiah 27:1. What is Leviathan? I haven't heard much talk about either of these two.




2 Comments:
You are asking questions that scholars have been asking for a long time. There are opinions, but no conclusive answers, since Scripture doesn't give us a lot of details.
The Nephilim were extraordinary men. Some think they were fallen angels. Some think it was the descendants of Cain who married the descendants of Seth. Some think is was giants from another part of the world that married Hebrew women. We don't really know exactly who they were. All we have are theories, none of which can be proven.
Leviathan was obviously some kind of water animal. Again, there are a lot of theories. Some think it was a dragon. Some think a dinosaur. Some think it was a crocodile. Some think it was a giant sea serpent. Whatever it was, it was a powerful sea creature, and something to be feared.
These two references to things unknown from the past help us to realize how little we know about the world as it was thousands of years ago. We tend to think of the world as we know it.
What do you think the Nephilim and Leviathan were?
I honestly don't know either. I was just curious. However, when I read through the first few chapters of Genesis again, this time in the NIV, it made me wonder if Adam and Ever were the only humans that God created in the beginning. They were the only two that the Bible talks about, but I wonder if there were others He created. I could say that it doesn't matter, because everyone was wiped out in the flood except Noah's family, and Noah was a descendent of Adam and Eve. However, the Bible doesn't tell whether Ham, Shem, and Japeth's wives were descendents of Adam and Eve. And who did Cain and Able marry? I guess it's just stuff that we don't have answers for, but I can't help being mildly curious.
Post a Comment
<< Home