Thursday, October 15, 2009

Meet Kelly!

I Mennomeeted a marvelous Mennonite on Mennomeet.com! Her name is Kelly. She is in college for an associate's degree in Early Childhood Education, she has two jobs, and she attends Green Terrace Menno with her family. She's a little more than a year younger than me, and is about half-way through getting her college degree. She lives about 25 minutes driving time away from where I live, and we already knew a bunch of the same people prior to meeting each other. It's just seems a little bit odd that as many people who know both of us, and as much running around as I've done, that we never met before now. We went along with her youth group to New York City this past Sunday. I was as old as one of the youth leader couples, and the other couple is a few years older, but I used to hang out with them a little bit several years ago at Cornerstone. We went to Times Square Church in the morning, then ate lunch in Central Park, then did a bunch of sight seeing across town the rest of the day. I could go on and on, but sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. I figured my sister (Hi Cheryl!) is probably wanting to see this, so here's a picture of us on the Staten Island Ferry:
Oh, by the way, that website is Mennomeet, not Mennomeat. Whoever started Mennomeet had a sort of amusing idea, but whoever started Mennomeat was absolutely crazy! :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I saw that update on your profile. Give Kelly my condolences...just kidding. Congratulations! I'm glad it's worked for you two.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 3:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home