Tuesday, September 22, 2009

absence

In case you are wondering, I did start to write about my Haiti trip, and I have it saved as an unfinished post. I do plan to eventually finish it, even though the trip was over a month ago at this point. Blogging just hasn't been a very big priority lately, but I will get that one finished eventually. I do still modify my music player from time to time. Enjoy!
Since returning from Haiti, I started the fall semester at Alvernia, and I have one 5-credit class this semester. I cut back to working part-time in the ER at Lehigh Valley Hospital. Also, I'm still employed at Exeter Ambulance on a part-time basis, but I've only been putting in ocassional shifts there. My cell phone has been rather annoying the last few weeks because I'm always getting calls from all three ambulance departments and the hospital with requests for me to work more shifts, but I only do what I can. School is a priority, and it is going better this semester. I have clinical on Wednesdays at St. Joseph's Hospital in Bern Township, and classes at Alvernia on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. One nice thing about cutting back to part time at the hospital is that the position I took is an 8 hour shift instead of a 12 hour shift. I still have to work every other weekend, but I'm now more able to get to church most Sundays. Instead of having to work 12 hours, then be off for 12 hours, then return Sunday night to work another 12 hours, I can now work 8 hours, go home for 16 hours, and return for 8 hours on Sunday night on my weekend to work. Having 16 hours off during Sunday daytime gives me enough time to go to church and still get about 7 hours of sleep before returning to work. Leaving the hospital at no earlier than 7 am on Sundays requires that I hustle though, if I'm going to be in time for church, because the hospital is an hour away from home. I still don't regret travelling so far to work there. I still think it is definitely the place to be.
I have about 5,000 miles on the motorcycle since buying it this spring. I haven't done the math lately, but when comparing the bike's average of about 50 mpg to the 20 mpg that my truck gets, I know I've saved a few hundred bucks, but it costed a bunch to get the thing on the road. So at this point the savings are still negligible. Bike season is soon over, so this is the time to get a good price on one. I went along with my neighbor kid the other Saturday way up into New York State somewhere to help him retrieve a Honda 1800 VTX motorcycle that he bought on Ebay. That was a nice road trip for something different, and now that he got the bike out on the road he is quite pleased with it. It's a big bike with a big motor for a big kid. He sold his pocket rocket bike a few months ago because he didn't really even ride it that much. Now this Honda is a big heavy cruiser that sounds a little like King David's motorcycle. What...???? You didn't know King David drove a motorcycle? Well sure! The Bible says, "King David's Triumph was heard throughout all the land."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home