Sunday, May 04, 2008

Oh, by the way.....

About the music player that I added: I know that some of the music I added may not exactly be the preference of everyone that visits my blog, but every song that I added was added for a reason. Some of them are just there because I think they are funny, like the "Laughing Song", or "In the Belly of the Whale" or "Mississippi Squirrel Revival." I hope those bring a few giggles to brighten your day. You sort of have to listen closely to "In the Belly of the Whale" to catch the humor of it. I get a kick out the line: "It might behoove me to be heaved" - from Jonah's perspective. The words for that entire song can be found by doing a Google search for "Newsboys Lyrics."

"One of These Days" by FFH has a dual meaning for me. Yes, the meaning that the song was written for, but also I like that song because one of these days I want to (fly) be a flight nurse...... get it?????? LOL! OK, well I thought it was good.

Most of the other songs are there because of them being good praise worship & witness songs, well, most of them. I tried to pick songs that have lyrics that are easy to understand - not ones that have the lyrics drowned out by the instruments. Some of them I just like because.....uh......I like them, and that's all the reason I have. I tried to add a variety of musical styles, and not all of them might be your favorite flavor, but the point is, listen to the words of these songs. There's a message to be heard, and it's similar to that of the Spirit in the Psalms. As mentioned, most of them were added for a reason. This white boy isn't exactly a charismatic, but likes to hear and make joyful noises. Hope you enjoy them!

About the videos, those are likely to change occasionally, maybe. At least, they are more likely to change than the music list.

Sorry, to those of you who can't download of of the music or videos.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gray Lane said...

You got me into trouble one day at school. During a study hall, I checked my e-mail and was checking the blogs I regularly check. The music came on and it wasn't exactly music I would play during a study hall. Of course, I confessed to the students that I was on internet.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 5:49:00 AM  
Blogger GKStauffer said...

Let me guess, was it the laughing song? Haha! I could just picture that in the middle of class. :-) Sorry

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 8:13:00 AM  
Blogger Gray Lane said...

That's ok. I learned that if i want to check blogs during class, I need to mute the sound on my laptop first.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 11:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home