Tuesday, February 19, 2008

OK, I'll admit it

I'm turning into an old bugger. I'm going bald, slowly but surely. I don't know how long it will take till I look like one of my grandpas, but it is definitely happening. Every time I take a shower and wash my hair, I notice a few precious hairs in the shampoo suds. It's a bunch of rabbits hopping backwards (a receeding hair line). I think it might be developing a little chrome dome on the back too. I always used to say that if I go bald, I would just shave my head completely; I do that every summer anyway, so it wouldn't be a big deal. But I'm not sure what to do about the winter. I have a paramedic buddy, who is also named Gerald, went bald, and shaves his head year round, but I'm not sure how he can stand it when it's cold outside. Maybe I'll have to get one of those Russian flipper caps like my Pop wears to work in the winter. This just doesn't make sense to me though. I was always young for my age. LOL! I mean, I graduated from highschool when I was 17, and back then I had to trim it to keep it off my forehead. Now.........

4 Comments:

Blogger Gray Lane said...

Life, surprisingly quickly, makes us like our parents and grandparents. How many times do I feel your grandmother walking in my shoes?

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 6:55:00 AM  
Blogger GKStauffer said...

:-) Dale Stauffer e-mailed me the following comment:

ANOTHER DEER IS YAWNING ----- ISS SAT AFVD'DERR YOO SHOOOT VON AN DA TUNGG ISS HANN'GIN AUT ??

THERE "NEVER" WERE DEER LIKE THAT AROUND WHEN ME AND DARYL LIVED AT HOME YET . WE WOOD-AH APBAUT FER-LEUTER'T ARE HUSSA IVF VEETAH SEE'UN DEMM'S VALKIN ARAUNT LIGGE SO-AH , IN-STETT UV RUNNINN DA HOLE "VAI'US"
UPB TOO DA AI'UH-FRAI'UMM CAP'BIN ANT COM'MIN HOE-UM VISS NOSSIN BUTT-AH FROE'ZZIN PEAR-UVF FEE'UTT . WEED-'UH SHOTT SUM MEPPEY EAF'VENN WISS'AUT AZZ'GINN ORE SUMP'TINN LIGE DATT !

WHEN DO YOU PLAN OR FORSEE TO HAVE A BREAK AGAIN?
I NO YEW TOLT ME BOT EYE FURRG'GOTT VENN YUH SETT TILLL .

CONN'GRATT'CHEW'LAAIY'SHUNN'ZZ ON LEWZZING YERR HEIRR LIE'NN ! , EYE DOENTT RILLLY MIZZ MMINE . LOOG-AT LOREN ANT HANS TEW IF'N YUU FEAL LIE'G YEW LOZ'T SUMM .

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 7:24:00 AM  
Blogger Scribbler said...

Maybe you're getting too much knowledge in that noggin. Your Grandpa Burkholder was totally bald at 21 and he always said, "You can't have hair and brains both."

Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:31:00 AM  
Blogger Gene and Amy Stauffer said...

Do the Pop hat thing. And run with it so the flaps flop.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 12:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home