Sunday, April 13, 2008

Is this the spirit of the antichrist evidencing itself here? You decide...

It seems extraordinarily foolish that anyone would actually be gullible enough to believe this garbage:



Watching that video, I lost count of how many decietful fallacies were stated. What is most alarming is the number of people that are falling for it. Your thoughts....?

My question for Oprah is, by what authority does she make her claims? Does she claim the authority as her own? If so, then does she also claim the power of granting salvation, or the ability damn someone? I don't think so. She has no control over that on her own, because she is merely a mortal herself. And obviously she can not be citing God as the source of that authority; she doesn't give Him the credit, nor does she acknowledge Him in any rational way. So if God is not the source of authority behind her statements, then what other options are left?

The Jews were given the Law of Moses, but when Christ came, he taught with an even greater authority in the Sermon on the Mount by stating, "You have heard that it has been said.......but I say unto you......" That's coming from the same guy that overpowered death on His own. Beat that, Oprah! Also, Job got set in his place rather sternly by God in Job 38, "Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge? Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me. Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?...." He goes on, but you get the picture. Maybe Oprah and her friends need to reckon with some logic, rationale, and authority like that! I hope they do before it's too late for them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

Oprah is definitely confused, but she speaks what many people believe in our society. The fact that Jesus is the only way of relationship with God the Father is probably the point that is the hardest for our politically correct society to accept. Yet, in spite of their rejection of it, it is the truth. You are correct in stating that the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead confirms his claim to be "the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the Father except by me".

The video shows Oprah's confused and wrong thinking. I was ok with it until they used it to make a connection with Obama. Then I turned cynical. So, this is really about politics? Who is funding it? Is it really a concern about bringing truth, or is it about an election? Maybe I am too skeptical, but I turned cynical at that point. Ending with the shot of the cover of the book titled, "The Oprah - Obama cult" kind of clinched it for me.

Monday, April 14, 2008 7:14:00 AM  
Blogger GKStauffer said...

Yeah, the political stuff that's mixed in just makes it even more of a mess. I wasn't really thinking too much about the political part of it though. I was looking at what Oprah was saying, and how false it is. Regardless of whatever political motives might be behind any of this, Oprah, by decieving so many people, is still abusing her ability to influence others. She is very popular, and I think so many of these people are following her just because of that. Oprah has the publicity to influence people beyond the borders of the U.S.A. I don't know who is funding this, but there's more important things as stake than U.S. politics.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 2:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home