More Hunting
I got my first fox ever today. I've seen foxes before when I was hunting, but never got one. They are really smart, they run so fast, and they aren't big like a deer, so they are hard for me to get. I don't know a thing about trapping them either, so I don't do that. I always just get my PA fur taker's tag every year just to support the game commission, and so that if I ever get a chance like this, I am OK to go ahead and try harvest one. There are a lot of foxes in this area, and they eat all of the rabbits and pheasants. Rabbits are always getting harder to find, and the only pheasants around anymore are ones that the game commission stock.
Usually any time I see a fox out there, they have already seen, heard, or smelled me coming long before I know they are there. Till I see them they have usually scooted way out of range. This one was about 160 yards away and running pretty fast when I got it. I shot free arm from a standing position and really was surprised when I saw that I had actually got it. Since it is my first fox, I took it to the taxidermy to get the hide tanned. It has a really nice red fur with a big fluffy tail. Here are some pictures:

Usually any time I see a fox out there, they have already seen, heard, or smelled me coming long before I know they are there. Till I see them they have usually scooted way out of range. This one was about 160 yards away and running pretty fast when I got it. I shot free arm from a standing position and really was surprised when I saw that I had actually got it. Since it is my first fox, I took it to the taxidermy to get the hide tanned. It has a really nice red fur with a big fluffy tail. Here are some pictures:




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home